Sunday, February 26, 2012

ETEC 524: Reflection #6

The purpose of my podcast was to briefly introduce the Twitter based program, HootSuite. I use HootSuite at work to monitor the University's brand, provide customer service support and monitor student activity on Twitter. Currently, I host workshops throughout the year for staff within the division to get them set up on HootSuite. However, I am leaning towards making podcasts for staff to review if they need a refresher after the workshop. Especially using some of the more advance features the platform offers.

I also get requests for speaking on campus about digital identity and branding through social media and other web 2.0. A series of similar podcasts could benefit the students and provide a reference point for how employers may find them online and how it can impact their future.

I used Quicktime's "record screen" feature. Quicktime also has a feature to directly upload videos to YouTube. I did not do any editing on this specific podcast however I usually do and use iMovie for that. Thanks to the stock software on my Mac it is pretty simple and cheap, FREE! Yes, I plan to create more educational podcasts in the future.

You can view my channel on YouTube or even the channel I advise but is mostly student produced.

1 comment:

  1. I have a mac too, but I don't take advantage of their stock software - i need too!!

    ReplyDelete