Saturday, March 19, 2011

First attempt using Prezi

After attending NASPA 2011 in Philadelphia I came home ready to use every bit of media I had learned about. With Community Assistant Selection as one of my collateral assignments I decided to embark on using Prezi.

The concept of Prezi is to compile your presentation in a more innovative manner than using PowerPoint, a program I personally loathe! Prezi uses a single art board which the user can manipulate by zooming in/out, rotating the board and add photo/video to be visually stimulating.

I spent one evening testing out this new tool to see what I could come up with. The result is a semi-lengthy presentation for the position information and FAQs. Since there is no stand alone audio player (only video for now) I did not add sound. I hope to add narration in the future so we can post the Prezi to the department website. The trick to not add too many zoom in/outs and rotations as it could make one have nausea so I attempted to balance all of it out.

Overall, I am excited about using this tool for educational and personal purposes as well as expanding my Prezi knowledge.

This is what I came up with... and feedback is always welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment