Thursday, March 8, 2012

ETEC 524: Reflection #8

Throughout the semester you have been exposed to a variety of technologies, researched studies to further your knowledge, develop your educational technology philosophy, a blog, and much more. What has made the biggest impact on you? How are you going to change as a result of it? What are some other "Aha" moments you had this semester? Finally, will you continue to utilize your blog and if so, how?

The technology activities have had the biggest impact on me. Being able to CREATE is what learning is all about for me. I am amazed how many courses I have taken in undergraduate and graduate school that did not have a create or practical application component. I now wonder how this is even possible! Imagine teaching accounting but never filing taxes or creating forms/worksheets for a small business. Learning formulas in a lecture room is not enough. Technology may not be the sole answer for this but it can aid in teaching and creating a wealth of concepts.

My goal moving forward is to design student-centered "create" based lessons and assess my instruction and the use of technology. A major change I will be making is to store materials online for learners to access at a later date. This is primarily for staff workshops and my marketing/media interns. Other "aha!" moments came reading my colleagues posts regarding different technologies being used and how they are being used. There is just so much out there!

Yes, I plan to continue this blog. If not being used for another course next term then I will continue posting about technology, student affairs and higher education topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment