Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Introducing Me!

As I previously mentioned I have been fortunate to be offered a new position at North Carolina Central University as the Social Media & Marketing Coordinator. This is the beginning of a great position and I hope to grow the office so that it can benefit the Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management in the months and years to come.

One of the coolest things I had the pleasure of doing was writing my job description, you can read it here. The second thing about this position I would consider unique is that my position was created from the "top". When talking to colleagues I find that it is usually a grassroots lobbying effort to create a similar position and then selling the idea up the chain.

So while I am in the process of setting up my office, ordering supplies and meeting with 14 department directors and plotting my professional development, I have sketched out a few goals for this year:

1) Streamline social media efforts for service related departments to enhance our customer service efforts (admissions, fin aid, res life, etc.)
2) Conduct social media training for support departments in order to create a fluid look and feel
3) Work with ITS in launching a few web pages on the agenda
4) Hire & train 2 amazing student workers (web/graphic design & A/V)
5) Position the division to align the communications plan with the goals and missions of the University
6) Collaborate with other student affairs technology pros to create shareware/apps/tech tools
7) Prepare to present in 2012

As I go through the motions I will keep updating. Anyone looking for a mentee? I'm in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment